Remember when flip phones came out? It was not that long ago. You were cool if you had the Motorola Razr. Now I bet you can’t even imagine life without a Smartphone, and all of the cool apps that make your life easier. Heck, we have wrist watch phones now! It’s amazing to see just how far mobile technology has come. I don’t know about you, but I can’t really imagine phones getting much better than this; cars either for that matter. But they will. I can see myself, many years from now, trying to explain what an iPhone was to my grandkids and the cool things they had called “apps”. I’ll likely tell them about these top 5 Smartphone apps that are made specifically for your vehicle.
- Carlulu Service Record – This free app is cool because you can record your car maintenance history and gas fill-ups. This is a great way to keep up with your car services and how much you’re spending on them. This app can be used and synced across iOS, Andriod and BlackBerry devices.
- Car Locator Free – This app is great because it is extremely easy to navigate to your vehicle using your iPhone’s built-in maps application. This particular app is for iOS devices only but similar ones are available for Android.
- GasBuddy – This free app is great because it shows you the location of the most inexpensive gas station in your area. This app is available for iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry devices.
- Intrix – This free app advises you on the best route to take by giving you the most accurate real-time traffic and car accident information. With this app, you are truly in control of your route.
- Trapster – This free app warns you of nearby speed traps and red light cameras. All of the information on the app is provided by other users. This app is available for iOS, Android, Windows and BlackBerry devices.
Smartphone apps are generally inexpensive, fun to use, and they make our lives so much easier. What’s not to love about them?